All merit-eligible faculty members (unless otherwise arranged with their dean and subject to Provost approval, these are full-time faculty excluding visitors) are required to file annual reports. In certain circumstances schools may require other categories of faculty to periodically submit annual reports, e.g., as part of a re-accreditation review.
The faculty merit cycle will continue to coincide with the fiscal year (July 1 through June 30). For all schools, the reporting period for this year will be January 1, 2023 through December 31, 2023. Please note that faculty members will receive an automated email notification after the dean’s comments have been entered and once the complete Annual Report is made available for review.
To ensure completion of the reporting and review processes prior to July 1, 2024, the following schedule applies:
- Wednesday, December 13, 2023: The system will open to all full-time faculty for them to complete faculty annual reports.
- Monday, February 12, 2024: Deadline for faculty submission of annual reports.
- Monday, March 18, 2024: Deadline for department chair and/or program director’s comments.
- Monday, April 15, 2024: Deadline for Dean’s comments.
Lyterati can be accessed through the following links:
Annual reports filed through the electronic system are available to chairs and deans for review and comment online.
Sign in with your GW UserID (Net ID) and password. If you do not know that password, contact GW IT support at (202) 994-GWIT (4948) or https://identity.gwu.edu/claim/passwordPolicy.
What Lyterati Does
With Lyterati GW faculty members can:
- File a Faculty Annual Report.
- Maintain an online Academic History, which can be used to generate a custom CV. The non-confidential data in the Academic History can also be used by administrators to produce various reports (department, school, university).
- Choose to share your teaching, research, scholarship and/or service electronically with other scholars and researchers within the GW University community.
- Limit other faculty's ability to search on your data.
Lyterati and your Academic History
The Lyterati categories for Academic History are:
- Awards and Honors
Lyterati and your Annual Report
The Annual Report is a strictly confidential document.
- The Academic History and the Annual Report are two separate databases within Lyterati.
- The Annual Report pulls from the Academic History database, but the data from questions labeled “Confidential” in the Annual Report never transfer to the Academic History database.
- Lyterati automatically organizes this information depending upon the type of report requested. You can amend your Academic History at any time.
The University is committed to maintaining the levels of confidentiality that are expected within a prized academic community. Access to confidential personnel and financial information is limited to authorized entities at GW. To prevent your academic history data from being searched by other faculty, you will need to go into your Academic History - Background Information - Personal Summary and switch the option to have others search your Academic History to NO. If you make this choice, it means that other faculty members looking for collaborators across common research interests will not be able to find you, and it is expected that you will not search for others.
Do not include personally sensitive data such as date of birth, SSN, credit card information in your Academic History.
- Lyterati Annual Report Guide for Faculty Members
- Lyterati Annual Report Guide for Administrators