This award recognizing outstanding research accomplishments was established by President Emeritus Stephen Joel Trachtenberg in memory of his parents. It is presented annually to a tenured member of the faculty along with a $1,500 prize. The award is meant to honor faculty scholarship and to provide a tangible symbol of the George Washington University’s commitment to research and creative endeavors. The University will honor the recipient at the annual Faculty Honors Ceremony.
This award is presented annually to a tenured member of the faculty that has made significant original contributions to research and/or creative endeavors. The purpose of the award is to recognize outstanding research accomplishments while they are being made rather than years afterward.
Nomination packages should be submitted with the following supporting materials:
- Curriculum vitae
- Support letter from the faculty nominator
- Support letter from the school (department chair, associate dean or dean)
- Optional external (outside of GW) support letters (two maximum)
- Optional publications or other appropriate work samples (three maximum)
- Nomination forms are due by Friday, November 22, 2019 (Submit Nomination Form via InfoReady)
- NOTE: Log In -> "Login for George Washington University Users" -> Login with your @gwu.edu email and password.
- Nomination package due: Friday, January 24, 2020 (Nomination packages can be submitted after receiving an invitation to submit)
Please contact OVPR (202-994-6522; [email protected]) with any questions.
List of previous winners of the Oscar and Shoshana Trachtenberg Prize for Scholarship