- GW Home
- Our Location
- Admissions & Aid
- GW Experience
- Faculty & Staff
Faculty Recruitment & Personnel Relations
Welcome to the website of the Office of Faculty Recruitment and Personnel Relations (FRPR). FRPR supports the University's continuing commitment to a culturally diverse faculty/librarian workforce and affirmatively promotes inclusive recruitment and employment practices. We work with administrators, faculty and librarians in advancing a campus climate that values, attracts and supports a diverse workforce.
We serve as a resource in support of faculty/librarian recruitment activities and monitor the recruitment process from position availability to the appointment offer. This includes:
- Developing, implementing and monitoring inclusive recruitment and selection policies and procedures;
- Counseling administrators and search committees about University policies and procedures and meeting their obligation to advance a culturally and intellectually diverse workforce;
- Conducting workshops on various aspects of recruitment, outreach, evaluation and selection; and
- Reviewing and approving recruitment plans, position announcements and placement, recruitment process summaries and proposed appointment offers.
Our responsibilities in this area involve providing information and counsel, including:
- Helping to ensure that applicable laws, regulations and University policies and procedures governing faculty and librarians are followed and applied consistently;
- Addressing allegations of discrimination;
- Working to resolve workplace problems/conflict;
- Confidential counseling and referral; and
- Confidential coaching
Our activities related to the retention of faculty and librarians include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinating and advising various committees charged with making recommendations to improve the quality of professional life of women faculty and people of color;
- Counseling deans, directors and department chairs regarding development and retention issues, including formulating strategies to address various performance concerns; and
- Developing and implementing various surveys that capture information about important campus climate issues.
GW is committed to supporting its part-time faculty and making GW a great place for part-time faculty to work. FRPR serves as a resource for internal university units and part-time faculty to address part-time faculty personnel inquiries, including questions and concerns about GW’s collective bargaining agreement with the Service Employees International Union, Local 500. Within these pages you will find important documents, guidelines, forms and other information pertaining to part-time faculty at GW.